INDEED, INC, Austin, Texas
Privacy Analyst September 2014 – Present
- Reviewed and analyzed current company practices to ensure compliance with U.S. and international privacy and security laws and requirements as well as internal requirements from the company’s parent company.
- Created various artifacts to document company data sets, information flows, and current company standard operating procedures.
- Used extensive privacy compliance and practical knowledge, as well as knowledge of user experience basics to create website mock-ups and recommendations for updates to website and mobile applications.
- Monitored Privacy Officer correspondence files. Responded to external inquiries or concerns when appropriate or referred issues to the appropriate legal, customer service, or engineering team when required.
MBL TECHNOLOGIES,INC, Arlington, Virginia
Privacy & Security Consultant October 2012 – August 2014
- Supported the privacy programs and offices of multiple government and private clients, including the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Office of Privacy and Records Management, Department of Veterans Affairs (Oct. 2012 – Aug. 2014)
- Reviewed, edited, and approved Privacy Threshold Analyses (PTAs) and Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs) for 700+ IT systems and programs agency-wide.
- Observed and analyzed the privacy compliance process at the VA and provided yearly Lessons Learned Reports highlighting findings and solutions for potential concerns and issues with privacy compliance processes.
- Assisted in the improvement of the VA’s eGovernment Act Compliance process, enacted agency-wide. As part of this larger effort, led the development of a new Privacy Impact Assessment template, designed to ensure compliance with the law.
- Created multiple training and education modules for VA privacy officers, information security officers, and other staff.
- Data Privacy Safeguard Program, Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (Nov. 2012 – Aug. 2014)
- Reviewed the executive summaries and data management plans of research organizations requesting access to CMS data to ensure adequate data stewardship, information security, and privacy practices.
- Conducted on- and off-site reviews of organizations holding CMS data to ensure that actual practices follow policies and practices described in the approved data management plans.
FRONT ROWE, INC, Arlington, Virginia
Privacy Analyst November 2011 – October 2012
- Assisted Front Rowe, Inc. in meeting its responsibilities under a contract with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Privacy Office.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the Privacy Office tracking system and shared drive space. Led efforts to reorganize and improve both systems.
- Familiar with Privacy Act of 1974 and the E-Government Act of 2002, as well as various OMB guidance memoranda related to the protection of privacy in the government space.
- Worked with FEMA Program Offices to complete required compliance documents, including Privacy Threshold Analyses, Privacy Impact Assessments, and Privacy Act e(3) Statements.
- Led effort to inventory FEMA’s social media and web 2.0 programs and initiatives and evaluate their privacy impact at FEMA. Analyzed FEMA’s use of individual applications such as Twitter and Facebook while also reviewing the potential impact of Department of Homeland Security proposed policies related to social media monitoring and use.
Univeristy of Michigan, School of Information, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Graduate Student Instructor August 2010 – December 2010
- Taught 2 sections of approximately 25 students the principles of contextual inquiry and project management and mentored them as they applied the principles to a course project.
- Worked with a team to develop course plans and materials.
COHEN, MILSTEIN, SELLERS, & TOLL, WASHINGTON, D.C.
Investor Protection/Security Fraud Paralegal April 2005 – August 2009
- Analyzed, managed, and indexed electronic documents and data produced in the course of litigation.
- Used high level of attention to detail to edit, cite check, fact check, and Shepardize legal briefs and reports. Also assisted with editing and proofing firm biographies and marketing materials.
- Was the single point of contact for all client concerns and inquiries. Communicated with clients in person, on the phone, and over email.
- Mentored and trained new paralegals.
- Performed legal and fact research and analysis for multiple cases and projects.
- Used superior organizational and administrative skills to manage multiple cases from initial filing, through discovery and briefing, to case settlement or trial.
- Coordinated logistics for and documented depositions, client meetings, and internal meetings.
University of Michigan, School of Information, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Master of Science in Information, Information Policy Specialization, April 2011
Mary Washington College, Fredericksburg, Virginia
Bachelor of Arts in International Affairs, May 2004
- Certified Information Privacy Professional/Government, March 2012
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), joined 2010